Cases That Affect Your Everyday Life

  1. Home
  2.  | Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Criminal Defense

What should I do if I or someone I care about has been arrested?

If you are stopped or arrested by a law enforcement officer, remember that you have rights and you are innocent until proven guilty. Give your name and address if the officer asks, but you are not obligated to give any additional information. Try to remember the officer’s physical description, badge number and the details of your interaction.

Most importantly, it is essential to contact a criminal defense attorney right away to begin protecting your rights and preserving important evidence. The earlier a lawyer becomes involved, the sooner he or she can begin building a strong defense for you.

What can I expect during a consultation with an attorney?

It is best if you can bring along any charging documents prepared by law enforcement, incident reports, bonding documents or information regarding pending court appearances. This helps attorney R. Lars Anderson evaluate your case and build a strategy for your defense that will maximize your chances of success.

Family Law

What should I do if I am considering a divorce?

If you are able to, try to collect your and your spouse’s financial information, including tax returns, income information, lists of assets and account information. It may also be wise to pull information from your spouse’s social media profile if you believe it is relevant to your divorce.

An attorney can help you review this information, understand your concerns and recommend a way to proceed. Meanwhile, it may be wise to seek additional support from a counselor or therapist.

Personal Injury

Should I talk to my insurance adjuster after an accident?

It may seem like your insurance company is trying to help, but it is important to remember that your adjuster is doing his or her job: saving the company money. He or she may try to get you to accept a quick settlement that does not fully compensate you for your damages. Before you talk to your insurance adjuster, speak with a lawyer who can advocate on your behalf and ensure that the insurance company treats you fairly.

What else should I do after a collision or other accident?

Your focus should be on recovering from your injuries and making sure your family is taken care of. Get the medical attention you need so you can get back to your life as soon as possible. However, it is also important to contact a lawyer who can help you evaluate your case and determine the next appropriate steps.

Contact Us

R. Lars Anderson, Attorney, P.C., will take the time to make sure you understand your rights and the status of your case at every step. Mr. Anderson will handle your case from start to finish, not passing it off to an assistant or clerk. To get answers to other frequently asked questions and schedule your free initial consultation, please contact our Macon, Georgia, office at 478-250-9718.